Reporting to: Chief Marketing Officer
Junior to Intermediate Level
WHAT TO EXPECT DAY TO DAY
We are seeking a talented, skilled graphic designer to join our in-house creative team at Camlin. We operate a Smart Working approach fully adapted to the new working paradigm. This means we have a flexible working policy in place which hybridizes both ‘work from home’ and working from one of our office locations.
The work is fast paced, colourful, and challenging, but in return we promise to be supportive, occasionally funny and help you expand your skills as a creative. You will get to hone these skills across a variety of projects including branding, digital marketing campaigns, exhibition displays, marketing collateral and video/motion graphics. You will require attention to detail and the ability to take direction and to work as part of a team.
If you can take a difficult brief and turn it into a creative piece of relatable, on-brand work, then you might be our fit.
We do need you to have at least 2+ years’ experience, to be excellent in InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop, with a firm foundation in real design thinking.
Please reply with relevant samples that show your best creative work and a brief description that tells us who you are.
WHAT TO EXPECT DAY TO DAY
- You will be helping to evolve the brand identity, supporting overall branding covering areas such as applying the logos, sub brand logos and icons to various materials across the portfolio.
- Working on Logo and icon design for new products and services.
- Designing for digital media and social interactions and working in 2d and 3d environments.
- Collaborating on video and animation projects, and working on in-house photography and post-production.
- You will be closely involved with branding and applying appropriate graphics to corporate proposals, supporting the sales department, and maintaining a strong and consistent corporate identity.
- Creating online banner images, animated gifs etc.
- Taking ownership of creating consistent and professional presentation layouts for senior management and sales managers.
- Creating consistent and innovative graphical content for social media platform campaigns. Creating engaging infographics and technical illustrations.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO SUCCEED
- 2+ years’ experience working in a professional graphic design enviroment.
- Strong knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, PremierePro, After Effects & Acrobat. Fundamental understanding and application of typography, grids, type setting, colour theory etc.
- A solid knowledge of the print process.
- An ability to interpret and follow design briefs.
- Experience creating and editing video in PremierePro and working with type and animation in After Effects. Good general IT skills.
- An ability to communicate design ideas clearly and to work for various internal clients.
- Have an interest in the marketing strategy, understanding the customer and offer fresh ideas as part of the wider marketing team.
- Be able to work independently, as well as in small cross functional teams.
- Please reply with relevant samples that show your best creative work and a brief description that tells us who you are.
- Experience working in 3d using applications such as Cinema 4d or Autodesk
- Understanding of UX/UI from a best practice design perspective
- Basic understanding or experience in using a CMS platform
WHAT WE LOOK FOR - OUR VALUES
- We work together - We know that working collaboratively will help us reach our shared goals faster, so we always look for ways to help each other.
- We believe in people - Here at Camlin, our people are central to what we do and what we can achieve. And as we move towards becoming industry and customer ‘partners’ that’s even more important. We trust our team members to do their best and be supportive.
- We won’t accept the ‘way it’s always been done’ - Since Camlin’s inception, we’ve been curious, inquisitive and always want to improve. Thinking differently is in our DNA and we love solving tough challenges.
- We listen to learn - Whether it’s our customers, our markets, or each other, we ask questions and listen to the answers so we can learn and improve.
- We’re trying to do the right thing - We take responsibility for our actions and take decisions based on what’s right for people, profit and planet.
Camlin is a global technology leader that operates with the vision of bringing revolutionary products to life for a wide range of industries, including power and rail, and also has interests in a number of R&D projects in a variety of scientific sectors.
At Camlin we believe in high quality engineering and design, allowing us to develop market leading products and services. In short, we love creating value for our customers by solving difficult problems.
As of today, the Camlin operation spans over 20 countries across the globe.
- Competitive salary
- Company Pension & Life Assurance Schemes
- On-site parking
- Smart / Remote Working
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Wellness programmes
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
Individuals seeking employment at Camlin are considered without regards to race, colour, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, gender identity, or sexual orientation.