📖 The story so far...
Founded in 2012 with the ambition of making collaboration better for the world’s educators and presenters.
Originating in Belfast, DisplayNote now has a globally distributed team and offices in both Northern Ireland and Spain. Now, we have exciting plans to grow our global footprint!
Having initially started out in the EdTech sector, we have expanded our solutions into the meeting room space, creating innovative software to simplify the meeting experience. Our collaboration solutions are now used in more than 200,000 meeting rooms and classrooms across the globe.
🚀 Our mission...
To create connected experiences for the world’s presenters, educators and learners.
🥇 The opportunity...
A new position, UX Lead at DisplayNote will take the lead on elevating the DisplayNote product experience for our customer and setting a UX vision the department, products and company.
🛠 What you'll be doing...
- Ensuring that UX is well-integrated into the product development flow and advocate for process changes that help product management, engineering, and UX work together to build a great experience.
- Defining and promoting design guidelines, best practices, and standards.
- Working with development teams by offering the opportunity to participate in and understand the outcomes of user research, give early feedback on upcoming designs, and participate in design system strategy.
- Fostering an environment that can quickly turn ideas into things of value for our users.
- Being an evangelist for research and working with product leadership to prioritise research efforts, so that we validate whether we're solving the right problems in the right ways.
💗 Reasons to join us!
- Our people: we're a small but mighty, globally distributed team made up of people of all backgrounds - this helps us be effective as we collaborate, listen, share, support, challenge, build innovate and have fun together!
- Work on cutting-edge technology projects: When it comes to technology, we love innovating and facing technical challenges and finding solutions.
- Trust, autonomy and accountability: we all understand the mission and take ownership of our roles to deliver and delight our partners, customers and each other.
- Balance and flexibility: we understand, value and encourage the importance of a healthy work/life balance.
- Career Development: with a training budget available to all, we invest in your personal growth, skills and goals.
- Stability & Growth: We've been around for 10 years now and with the development of innovative solutions and strong partnerships, we have an excellent foundation to build upon as we enter an exciting scale up phase.
🏆 To be successful in this role, you'll need...
- Experience leading Product Designers, UX Researchers, and owning UX for a product company.
- A strong philosophy about how to help cross-functional work together effectively.
- Great visual awareness with an understanding of basic design principles like typography, layout, composition, and colour theory.
- Passion for creating visually pleasing and intuitive user experiences.
- Collaborative team spirit with great communication skills.
- To have previously worked in a relevant UX role either agency or client-side.
- Expertise in gathering and delivering actionable insights.
- Sound knowledge of qualitative research methods including user requirements gathering and early-stage concept and prototype testing, desktop research, and other approaches to ensuring user needs are fully understood.
- Comfortable using artefacts to share and communicate insights such as user flows, experience maps, experience blueprints, prioritised user needs, user profiles, and test results.
- Good understanding of information architecture, interaction design, and visual design principles.
- Good awareness of the business and project constraints as they apply to user research.
- To be an active participant in communities of interest (e.g. online groups, speaking at conferences etc.)
- Experience in building agile projects will be a benefit.
Find out more: www.displaynote.com
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and believe in employing a diverse workforce and recognise that an inclusive workplace is key to our success. Our recruiting decisions are based on your experience and skills. We value what each of our unique employees has to offer our business.